1. General. Auchtertyre House is provided for holiday rental purposes. It is suitable for accommodating a maximum of ten people.
2. Booking. Bookings will be taken for week-long periods from Friday to Friday. In low season short breaks may also be arranged for a minimum of 4 days. Rental prices can be found on the 'About Us' page of our website. Prices listed or provided by us are inclusive of bed linen, towels, electricity and gas for heating. The arrival time on the start date of the rental is 4pm and guests must vacate the property by 10am on the last day of the rental. Keys must be picked up and left at the wig-wam farm shop upon arrival /departure. When booking, 12% of the rental is payable as a deposit, with the balance due six weeks prior to the commencement of the rental. If a booking is made within six weeks of rental, the full amount is payable. Where cancellations are made, we shall do our utmost to re-let the property. Where we are unable to secure a replacement booking, the deposit will be forfeited for cancellations made up to six weeks prior to rental, and the full rent will be forfeited for cancellations made within the six weeks prior to rental. We recommend taking out adequate holiday insurance to cover against such an eventuality.
3. Cleaning. Please leave the property in the same clean and tidy condition in which it was found. Any damages should be reported to us as soon as possible. Please remove all food and rubbish when departing. Rubbish can be placed in the large bin at the Strathfillan Wigwam Farm for local authority collection.
4. Pets. Well-behaved dogs are permitted at Auchtertyre House, and we ask that guests notify us if they intend to bring dogs. Dogs are only permitted downstairs, and are strictly prohibited from the bedrooms. The cost of any additional cleaning required due to dogs will be passed on to guests. Sheep graze the land around Auchtertyre House, so dogs must not be allowed off the lead outside the garden. Dogs should not be allowed to foul the garden area and a surcharge will be levied if this occurs. Cats are prohibited due to allergies.
5. Smoking. Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the house.
6. Vehicles and Access. Auchtertyre House is accessed by a rural track and although perfectly passable by cars, care should be taken to prevent any damage to vehicles. Use of the track is at guest own risk.
7. Repairs & Damages. Any damages or items which require repair or replacement should be notified to us as soon as possible.
We shall do our utmost to repair or replace items reported to us as quickly as possible.
8. Water Supply. The water supply serving Auchtertyre House is from a private, spring-fed source. The water is treated by an ultra violet filter.
9. River. Guests should be aware that the River Fillan runs 500m away from the property and may pose a danger to young children if they are not accompanied.
10. Restrictions. We reserve the right to remove any persons from the property in the following circumstances:
(i) if we feel their behaviour is causing a nuisance
(ii) if we believe they may have caused or be likely to cause damage to the property.
(iii) if the stated occupancy period has been exceeded;
(iv) if we believe drugs have been brought onto or are being used on the property.
11. Owners Access. We reserve the right to enter the property at any time in the event of an emergency.
12. Insurance. Auchtertyre House and its contents are covered by our general buildings and contents insurance and we also carry public liability insurance. Our insurance does not cover for damage or loss to guests belongings and we strongly recommend that guests arrange adequate insurance to protect themselves and their belongings.